Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day 290, Project 365

Took a trip down to Belle Plaine today for some family photos at my mother-in-law's uncle's farm.  I've got to admit, I was a little nervous thinking about getting 14 people in one photo, everyone looking and smiling - but the day went SO smoothly!

After the photos were done and we stopped for lunch, Bob and I drove to Union Hill where his great-grandmother was from (I believe that to be the story...or maybe it's great-great grandmother), snapped a couple photos of St. John's Catholic Church and the cemetery.




My in-laws in front of the old farm house where Gladys spent many summers.  Grandpa Reisgraf bought this home, out of foreclosure, 95 years ago.  The house itself is 103 years old.  

Screen door - 'R' for Reisgraf

St. John's

Absolutely amazed there's a headstone for someone born in 1786!




No comments:

Post a Comment