Friday, November 6, 2015

Day 310, Project 365

The nursing home at which I work has been purchasing and receiving as donations realistic dolls as therapy dolls.  These babies look, feel and smell just like a real newborn - it's absolutely amazing! When the dolls are brought in, the women who work there all go gaga (no pun intended!) over these babies; cooing, holding gently,doing the baby sway.  So, if a bunch of women of sound mind go that nuts over these dolls, you can only imagine how our residents react.  These dolls are so calming and soothing to our residents, giving them peace that might be hard to find otherwise.

Today, as I sat at my desk I heard a lot of commotion and the familiar sounds of women going crazy over little babies.  I knew then that more babies had come to live there and hadn't made it past the front door having been stopped to be peered at, cuddled, snuggled and enjoy.

I couldn't resist snapping a photo of the one little one who we all agreed looks like she'd grow up to be awfully sassy.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment