Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19, Project 365

My husband and I went to the hockey game tonight and I brought my camera hoping to get today's picture.  What I got instead were some beautiful shots of the Cathedral.  Here's the kicker though:  We pulled up to an intersection and came across the Cathedral draped in gorgeous blue lights for the Red Bull Crashed Ice event.  So, I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped a couple shots through the window of the car.  I knew they'd not be great because there were buses and traffic lights and a parking ramp partially blocking the view but I wanted to attempt and I knew I could go to the upper level of the arena and be able to get a 'perfect' shot from there.  We watched the first period and made our way upstairs only to find the blue lights had been turned off.  I was so bummed about that but was still able to get a pretty picture, even without the blue lights.  When the game was over (okay nearly over; we left a couple of minutes early since they were losing), we walked outside and guess what?  The blue lights were back on,  Figures, right?  So, back to pretty much the same vantage point but at least this time I didn't have a windshield to shoot through.  I'm sharing all three since it seems fitting to show my before, middle and after.  I will make an attempt to get back that way and find somewhere else to take a picture or two from before the Crashed Ice event is over; it really was too beautiful to not at least try.  #project365



No comments:

Post a Comment