Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 23, Project 365

I got outside about five minutes too late to capture the gorgeous sunset.  I was able to get a couple little peeks but unfortunately missed it.  The great thing about this time of year, though, is that every day gets longer so catching some good light should just get easier and easier.  I saw four deer foraging while I was on my walk and although I wasn't close enough to get a nice shot, they sure were beautiful to watch for a bit.  Even though I wasn't able to really capture the sun, I had hoped that I would get the beautiful pastels in the East sky.  Mother Nature did not disappoint.  Not long after the sun set the most beautiful shades of lavender, blue and pink appeared.  When I see the sky like this I'm always reminded of something I read years ago: something to the effect of while everyone else is watching something in one direction (the sunset, perhaps) turn around and capture the opposite view. Rarely am I disappointed when I remember to do this.  #project365


No comments:

Post a Comment